Many corporations operate using the Internet, storing personal data, financial documents, corporate secrets, etc. on it.
To prevent information from falling into the hands of attackers, it is necessary to regularly conduct Vulnerability assessment as a service. Cyber Vulnerability Assessment is a list of actions aimed at identifying weaknesses in the security system through which attackers can damage the configuration infrastructure. Vulnerability Management Service analyzes identified deficiencies with a view to their subsequent elimination.
The vulnerability assessment team’s efforts are aimed at identifying problem areas before they are exploited by fraudsters or hackers. Specialists from the CQR company, which provides this type of service, advise conducting system audits every six months in order to significantly reduce the risk of possible intrusions.
They offer two of their products, SOC and NOC, for ongoing use, which are great for 24/7 monitoring to identify potential intrusion threats.
Concern for cyber resilience is one of the important areas. This indicator plays an important role when obtaining a certificate of conformity.
Main stages of conducting a company vulnerability assessment
This event has a chain of sequential actions, by completing which you can temporarily protect the security system from outside penetration:
- detailed monitoring of the enterprise configuration for weaknesses;
- checking for vulnerabilities of your security system and its management aspects;
- when technical problems are detected in applications and external services, an in-depth analysis is carried out;
- monitoring the likelihood of MitM attacks;
- use of manual and automatic modes in the process of searching for vulnerabilities and checking them;
- carrying out activities to identify modern exploits;
- password verification actions (performed by default);
- checking the security level of data encryption;
- search for vulnerabilities of all types used by hackers;
- a detailed report on the work done with a clear description of the defects found and recommendations for their elimination.
After carrying out the procedure for identifying vulnerabilities, you will be able to much better understand how the network infrastructure of your enterprise is structured and be able to understand the issues of ensuring the company’s cybersecurity.